Bay Farm Summer Program Counselor
Do you enjoy working with children and have an interest in Montessori philosophy? We are looking for positive and enthusiastic Summer Counselors who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and leading children through a variety of outdoor and indoor summertime activities.
A typical day for Summer Counselor could include:
– Cooling off with creative pool-based activities
– Creating art masterpieces
– Supervising a fun field trip
– Interacting with parents and summer program attendees to build lasting relationships.
As a Summer Counselor, you’ll play an important role in providing a fun, entertaining, engaging, educational, and safe environment. You will lead children between ages 3 and 12 years during weekly themed camps throughout the summer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continually keep campers active and engaged in fun and challenging activities while maintaining a safe environment.
- Lead a group of up to 10 campers ages 3-12 with a fun, positive and outgoing attitude.
- Act as a role model to all children attending the Bay Farm Summer Program.
- Interact with children, parents/guardians, and co-workers in a professional manner at all times.
- Understand and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures for the Bay Farm Summer Program.
- Immediately report suspicious or inappropriate behaviors.
- 18 years old or older
- Must be willing to authorize CORI/SORI background check
- CPR/First Aid preferred, but will train the right person